Around 700 workers from the French company, Airbus Atlantic, They were intoxicated after the Christmas company dinner. Workers at the aerospace group’s facilities in western France suffered vomiting and diarrhea, said the Agence Régionale de Santé (ARS). The effects were noticed over the course of two days after dinner.

The company itself claimed that it was cooperating with the ARS “to identify the cause of the illness and ensure that this does not happen again in the future.” As stated BBCNews: “it was not clear what was on the menu”, but what was initially going to be a day to celebrate, turned into a real nightmare.

The reasons for the poisoning are being investigated.

According to the BBC, an investigation has been openedin addition to cooperating with health authorities and “doesn’t happen again in the future.” In addition, health authorities took samples of each dish and product served during the Christmas event. In addition, a questionnaire was sent to everyone present.